Aloo Baingan Ke Launge is a simple no-onion no-garlic curry recipe with potatoes, eggplants and tomatoes, and can be served with rice or roti. Panchphoran is a special masala mix that’s commonly used in Bengali cooking.
- 200 gm potato
- 200 gm eggplant (baingan)
- 50 gm tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1-inch piece ginger, julienned (cut into thin strips)
- 5 gm panchphoran masala powder (kalaunji, i.e.,onion seeds, fennel seeds, ajwain or carom seeds, mustard seeds, and methi, i.e.,fenugreek seeds)
- 5 gm cumin powder
- 5 gm turmeric powder
- 50 ml yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Peel and cut potato and eggplant and deep fry and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add panchphoran, ginger and tomato, cumin and turmeric powders, and stir for a few seconds.
- Add yogurt, stir to mix, and make a sauce.
- Add the potato and baingan. Stir gently so the pieces don’t break. Cover for a few seconds and remove from heat.
- Garnish with shredded ginger before serving.
Shangrila Rasa Ria Resort, Sabah, Malaysia
Category: No-Onion No-Garlic Recipes