Baked Potato with Cheese is a healthy snack that kids are sure to love. Although it takes a bit of time to prepare, this is a great after-school snack. Potatoes with peel provide fiber and potassium, and the cheese, a lot of calcium.
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 cup cheese blend (fontina, asiago, and parmesan)
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Wash the potatoes, dry on a paper towel, and rub a little oil over them. Make a 1-inch slit lengthwise in the potatoes, place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked. Remove and cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut the baked potatoes in half and scoop out some of the flesh. Apply oil on both sides of the potatoes.
- Change the oven setting to broil and bake again until the potato skins are slightly crisp. Flip over and bake on the peel side until crisp.
- Add some salt and pepper to the scooped out potato, mix well, and fill the potato skins with this. Add 1 tsp tomatoes and top with 2 tsp cheese, press lightly, and broil again for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the baked potatoes with cheese and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the baked potato with cheese with spring onion and serve.