Bell-Pepper-Onion-Potato Curry is a tasty side for rice as well as roti. This is a simple and easy vegetarian/vegan recipe. If you want to add more vegetables to your meal, this is a quick, healthy recipe.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups bell-pepper (capsicum/shimla mirch), cut into small cubes
- 1 cup onions, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp coconut, freshly grated
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet. Add the curry leaves, turmeric powder and onions, along with a little salt. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper, potatoes, and salt. Stir-fry for 1 minutes.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the lid and saute on medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the red chilli powder and saute for 2 more minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve the bell-pepper-onion-potato curry with plain rice or roti.