Benefits of Chocolate – Wellness and fitness expert, Annick Robinson, shares the benefits of chocolate, which can improve your health and your love life! Also find out how chocolate is made and gets tips on how to pick the healthiest and most beneficial chocolate bar.
- Chocolate in it’s raw form is high in antioxidants. Antioxidants can help regulate blood pressure and prevent heart disease.
- Chocolate is also high in magnesium, one of the reasons women have chcolate cravings during that time of the month. Magnesium helps relax muscles, including those of the heart and blood vessels.
- Choclate contains a chemical called PEA. PEA is a naturally occurring endorphin in the brain and has been used to treat depression. PEA is also known as the love chemical. It mimics in your body the feeling of being in love. Chocolate is an aphrodisiac.
- To get the most nutritional bang for your buck, eat dark chocolate that has high cacao content.
- When looking at ingredients, make sure the first in the list is chocolate and not sugar. When you start adding milk and sugar to chocolate, it brings down its nutritional value.
- The flavonoids in dark choc0late are associated with anti-aging effects on the skin and brain.