Boost Your Digestion with a Simple Breakfast – Adina Niemerow, author of “Super Cleanse,” teaches host Judy Greer how to make a simple breakfast porridge that boosts your digestive system.
Health starts in the digestive tract. Ingredients for this cereal or porridge aid in digestion.
- Ginger, chopped
- Lemon juice
- Green apples, chopped
- Almonds, soaked overnight
- Flax seed, finely ground
- Figs or date, chopped
Chop fruits and blend all ingredients without water, into a coarse mixture. You can serve this simple breakfast with almond milk if you want.
Quick facts about the ingredients:
- Ginger is a natural heartburn remedy.
- Soaking raw nuts release more nutrients and makes them easier to digest by breaking down gluten and protein.
- Figs moisten the intestines, and are a great source of calcium and iron.
- Malic acid gives many fruits (green apples) their tart flavor; it bonds to metallic toxins and makes it easy for the body to flush them out.
- Lemon emulsifies fat in the body; adding a little lemon juice to water alkalizes the water.