Try this tasty and tangy Cabbage-Carrot-Mango Curry if you want a quick side for plain rice or roti. The roasted peanut powder adds a nice crunch to the curry.
Combo-veg curries are a wonderful addition to any meal as they pack a lot of nutrition in a single dish.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup raw (green) mango, grated
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp roasted peanut powder (coarsely ground)
- Turmeric powder (a pinch)
- Salt to taste
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 tsp chana dal (split bengal gram/yellow lentils)
- 1 tsp urad dal (split black gram)
- 2 green chillies, slit
- 2 red chillies, broken into a couple of pieces
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Heat the oil in a wide skillet. Add the chana dal, urad dal, and mustard seeds and fry until the dals are golden and the mustard starts to pop. Add the red and green chillies and fry for a couple of seconds. Add the ginger and curry leaves and fry for a second.
- Add the cabbage and carrot, along with turmeric powder and salt. Stir and cover and cook on medium heat until the veggies are tender.
- Add the grated mango and cook uncovered for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the peanut powder and cook the cabbage-carrot-mango curry for 2 more minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve the cabbage-carrot-mango curry with plain rice or roti.