Carrot Salad is a sweet and tangy side that adds a lot of nutrition to your meals. This is a low-fat salad that’s ideal for weight loss. This healthy salad tastes great on it’s own or with rice and roti.
Servings : 4
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- 2 cups carrot, grated
- 1-2 chillies, slit and halved (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- Asafoetida powder (hing), a pinch
- 4-5 curry leaves
- In a medium pan, heat the oil. Add the asafoetida, mustard seeds, and cumin. As the seeds start to pop, add the green chillies and fry for a second. Add the curry leaves and fry for a second.
- Add the grated carrot and some salt, and saute on low heat until the carrot is semi-cooked. Remove in a bowl and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and mix well.
- Serve the carrot salad with rice or roti.