Cauliflower Curry is not only an easy vegetable curry but can also be made very quickly and requires little supervision. This is a great and healthy accompaniment for rice.
Cauliflower has a lot to offer in terms of health benefits as it contains many antioxidants like vitamin C and selenium that protect against cancer and other diseases.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Turmeric powder, a pinch
- Salt to taste
- 5 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp urad dal (split black gram)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 red chillies, broke into a few pieces
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Add the urad dal and fry until golden. Add the mustard and cumin and fry until they start to pop. Add the red chillies and fry for a couple of seconds, and then add the curry leaves; fry for a second.
- Add the cauliflower, turmeric powder, and salt, and stir. Sprinkle some water, and cover and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove the lid, and add the red chilli powder, and saute on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- If there’s any moisture, turn up the heat to medium-high and saute until the moisture evaporates, taking care the cauliflower curry doesn’t get burnt.
- Serve the cauliflower curry with plain rice and ghee (clarified butter).
Cauliflower tends to shrink quite a bit when cooked this way, so use 1 1/2 times the required quantity.