Cheese Bites or Paneer Pakodas are a crunchy and healthy snack – good for parties or just because.
Made with cottage cheese and cashew nuts – foods with protein, these make a great snack for kids, and are great for picnics.
Servings: 4 (makes about 20)
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups paneer (cottage cheese), grated or crumbled
- 1/2 cup cashews, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup besan (chickpea flour, bengal gram flour)
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 8-10 green chillies, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 8-10 curry leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients. Pour 2 tbsp of hot oil and mix it in with a spoon because the oil is hot.
- Sprinkle enough water to make a tight mixture.
- Make small balls with the cheese mixture.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Fry the cheese bites until golden brown.
- Serve hot with hot masala chai (tea) or coffee.