Cheesy Grilled Bread makes a wonderful, healthy snack, especially for kids. This vegetarian recipe is easy and doesn’t take much time to put together. The cilantro and cheese add a delicious flavor to this grilled bread. Use whole-wheat or whole-grain bread to make it more nutritious.
Servings: 2 (makes 8 squares)
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 4 slices bread (white or whole-wheat/multigrain)
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup, cheese (paneer or parmesan), grated
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves), finely chopped
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 2-3 tsp vegetable oil (if using a skillet, less if using an electric grill)
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the onions, chillies, grated cheese, cilantro, milk, salt and pepper.
- Place 3-4 tsp of this spread on 2 slices of bread. Cover each with the remaining slices and brush the tops with oil.
- Grill the bread on a skillet/tava with or on an electric grill until golden and crisp.
- Cut the bread into 4 squares.
- Serve the cheesy grilled bread immediately.
You can remove the crust if you like.
Category: Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes