Cilantro Paratha is a healthy flatbread with mixed flours and cilantro that can be served as breakfast, afternoon snack or as part of a healthy meal. The chickpea flour makes this a filling, nutritious, and tasty bread.
Servings: 3 (makes 6)
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup wheat flour (atta, chapathi flour)
- 1/4 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- Turmeric powder, a pinch
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 3 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves), finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated or chopped
- Salt to taste
- 6-7 tsp vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, salt, turmeric, and red chilli powders. Add the ginger and cilantro. Mix into a soft dough using enough water, and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Take a dough ball, and on a lightly floured surface, roll it into a thin round shape about 5 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Heat a flat iron griddle or nonstick griddle (thava). Place the paratha on the griddle and heat for 10 seconds. Using a spatula, flip the cilantro paratha and brush a little oil over it. Flip again and brush oil on the other side and cook until brown spots form on both sides.
- Serve the cilantro paratha hot, either plain or with any Indian pickle such as mango pickle, or lime pickle or plain yogurt.