Coconut Panna Cotta – Tess Ward is back in the kitchen making this time, coconut panna cotta with passion fruit curd.
This is a delicious vegan and vegetarian dessert. Tess uses only coconut milk; no dairy. The lime strips give the panna cotta a zesty flavor.
You can serve it plain or with some lime curd. To make the a passion fruit and lime curd, use vegan or vegetarian egg substitute, and follow the steps shown in the video.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes + setting time
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Lime, a few strips
- 2 sheets of vegetarian and vegan gelatin
- In a pan, heat the coconut milk on medium heat.
- Add the vanilla extract, maple syrup, and strips of lime.
- Add the gelatin sheets to one cup of water.
- When the coconut milk comes to a boil, remove from heat and remove the lime strips. add the gelatin sheets after squeezing out the water. USe a whisk to combine well.
- Pour the coconut panna cotta into serving bowls, let cool, and place in the refrigerator to set.
- Serve the coconut panna cotta plain or with the passion fruit and lime curd or a few pieces of fruit.