This Cucumber Raita is very easy to make, and if you’re looking for a quick side for your rice dish or roti, try this recipe. This is a cooling side for any spicy dish, and keeps well for a couple of days when refrigerated.
Cooking Time:5 minutes
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded,
- and grated or cut into small cubes
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves), finely chopped or 3-4 curry leaves
- If using grated cucumber, squeeze out the water and combine with yogurt, salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, and cilantro.
- Serve the cucumber raita with pulao and other kinds of flavored rice or roti.
You could heat 1 tsp vegetable oil and pop 1/4 tsp mustard and 1/4 tsp cumin seeds and season the raita, if you wish; and use green chillies and ginger instead of red chilli powder.