Eat Clean: Farro with Radishes and Herb – In this episode of Eat Clean Chef Tess Ward shows you that eating healthily doesn’t have to be boring and makes farro with radishes and herbs.
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 8 radishes
- 3 spring onions
- 4 1/3 oz farro or spelt grains
- 2-3 tsp currants or sour cherries
- 1 cup of loosely packed herbs
- 3 1/2 oz Feta cheese to serve
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey/maple syrup
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp rosewater
- Handful of crumbled walnuts
- Pour the farro into a pan. Pour over water until it’s 1 cm above the faro. Cook to packet instructions.
- While the farro is cooking, chop the radishes, spring onions, and herbs.
- To make the dressing, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, spices, the grated ginger, and rose water. Season with salt and pepper and mix everything together until well incorporated.
- Once the farro is cooked, pour it into the sieve and rise under the cold tap. Make sure it is fully drained before you add it to a large bowl.
- Add the chopped spring onions, currents, herbs, walnuts and almost all of the feta cheese. Toss with the dressing.
- Serve the farro with radishes and herb in a large bowl or on plates and top with a final crumble of feta cheese.