Eat Clean: Roasted Baby Carrots with Coriander Yogurt – Chef Tess ward is back with another delicious recipe to keep you healthy this winter! This week she shows us how to make roasted baby carrots with coriander yogurt.
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 17 1/2 oz baby carrots
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 7-8 dried kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 5 tbsp thick Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- Rocket leaves to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°Celsius. Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and lime leaves to a pestle and mortar with a big pinch of sea salt. Crush to break them down to a coarse powder.
- Place the carrots in a large baking tray with the garlic, coconut oil, maple syrup, spices and salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and cook in the oven for 35-40 mins, tossing halfway through. You will know the carrots are done when they are golden and cooked through.
- Add all the dressing ingredients together and mix well. Season to taste. Serve the carrots on a large platter, if serving as a hot sale, mix through the rocket leaves now and drizzle over the yogurt dressing. Alternately, serve with the cooling yogurt as a dipping sauce.