This recipe for eggless banana bread is easy and delicious.
Mashed bananas and vegetable oil are great substitutes for eggs and contribute to the soft, moist texture and great taste. This is a great bread to serve with tea or coffee.
Cooking Time: 45-50 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup brown sugar or regular white sugar
- 4 cups mashed banana (over-ripe bananas mashed in blender)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped, unsalted walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil and sugar using a whisk or a hand mixer. Add the mashed banana and stir in the flour a little at a time. Whisk for 2-3 minutes to make sure all the ingredients are mixed properly and there are no lumps. The banana bread batter should be thick and pourable.
- Grease a bread pan with vegetable oil, and pour in the banana bread batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Insert a knife in the center of the baked bread to make sure the batter’s cooked (knife should come clean).
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing the banana bread from the pan and cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into thin slices and serve immediately or cool the bread to room temperature and wrap it in plastic wrap. Banana bread tastes even better the next day … if you can hold out that long.
It’s easier and takes less time to whisk the ingredients using an electrichand mixer.
A whisk works well too; just takes a little longer.
Try this banana poori the next time you want to make a sweet after-school snack for your kids. This Indian puffed bread has banana and poppy seeds and makes a ...
Made with fresh strawberries, this eggless strawberry cake is moist and delicious and very easy to make. Baking cakes without eggs can be easy with a little experimentation. This is ...
Banana Sheera or halwa is popular all over India, and is one of the sweets offered to deities (prasad/prasadam) in temples during festivals. Made with semolina (cream of wheat), this ...
The Eggless Apple Streusel Cake is wonderful to serve as dessert or as a coffee cake. What a great way to use up those delicious apples you picked at the ...
This eggless cilantro cornbread is a slightly spicy take on the cornbread that is so popular in the southern states in the US. The cilantro leaves (coriander leaves) add a ...
Try this exotic banana-flower curry if you're tired of the same-old veggies. In south India, almost every part of the banana tree is used. Along with green and ripe bananas, banana ...
Try these delicious Eggless Almond Biscotti next time you get the munchies! These Italian cookies make a wonderful tea-time or anytime snack.
Servings: 3 (makes 7)
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 1/4 cups ...
Use this bread pakoda recipe to make a delicious vegetarian snack in minutes. Make it even more nutritious by using whole-wheat or whole-grain bread instead of white bread. Bread that ...
Bread Upma is a new way to eat your bread. If you're tired of eating toast and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, try this vegetarian (vegan) breakfast with bread.
Use bread ...
Bread Bonda is an easy recipe for a tasty and filling after-school snack for kids. Kids usually like both bread and potatoes and are sure to like this vegetarian snack. ...
Cheesy Grilled Bread makes a wonderful, healthy snack, especially for kids. This vegetarian recipe is easy and doesn't take much time to put together. The cilantro and cheese add a ...
Try this easy recipe for eggless apple turnovers if you just go apple-picking, and are now wondering what to make with all those apples. This is a great way to make ...
Eggless Apple Streusel Cake
Eggless Cilantro Cornbread
Category: Eggless Baking