Serve these delightful Eggless Biscuits for breakfast fresh and straight from the oven. With this easy recipe, these eggless biscuits take only 15 minutes to make and are very filling.
For a vegan version, see the cooking tip below.
Servings: 3-4 (makes 6-8)
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp butter or vegan margarine
- 3/4 cups milk (whole/low-fat or unsweetened soy milk for vegan version)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl, sieve together the flour, salt, and baking powder, making sure they’re mixed well.
- On a cutting board, chop the butter into small pieces and add to the flour. Using a fork, mix the butter and flour into a crumbly mixture.
- Add the milk, a little at a time, and mix with your hand until a dough forms.
- Knead a couple of times and shape the dough into a round shape and using a rolling pin roll it out to 3/4-inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut into 2 1/2 or 3/4-inch thick rounds.
- Place the eggless biscuits on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Insert a fork or knife into a bscuit to make sure it’s cooked.
- Serve the eggless biscuits warm, with butter and jam.
For a vegan version, use unsweetened soy milk instead of regular milk and vegan margarine instead of butter. If using with a savory gravy, you can add 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder to spice up the biscuits.
Category: Eggless Baking