Eggless French Toast is a healthy breakfast recipe. It’s a vegetarian and vegan version of french toast that’s easy to make.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 cups milk or soy milk for vegan version
- 7-8 tsp sugar (adjust to taste)
- 4-6 tsp vegetable oil (or butter)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 tsp confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar, optional)
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar to milk and adjust the sugar to your liking. The milk should taste a little sweeter than you would want the toast to be. Remember, the sweetness will be reduced a little once the milk is absorbed by the bread.
- Cut the bread slices into triangular halves and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet, and add 1/2 tsp oil.
- Immerse the bread in the milk, flip over, and remove quickly so it doesn’t get soggy.
- Place on the skillet; add 1/4 tsp oil around the edges and in the middle and saute on medium heat. Lift the edge gently to see if the underside has browned lightly, and flip over gently with a spatula. Add some more oil around the edges and saute until golden brown. Remove and place on serving plate.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder and confectioner’s sugar and serve the eggless french toast immediately.
The trick to making good french toast without eggs is to saute on low-to-medium heat and flip only once, when the underside is golden brown. Slicing the bread into half also makes it easier to flip as the pieces are smaller.
These eggless banana pancakes have a lovely banana flavor and a sweet taste. These vegetearian/vegan pancakes are quite easy to make and sure to be a great hit with the ...
This recipe for eggless banana bread is easy and delicious.
Mashed bananas and vegetable oil are great substitutes for eggs and contribute to the soft, moist texture and great taste. This ...
Made with fresh strawberries, this eggless strawberry cake is moist and delicious and very easy to make. Baking cakes without eggs can be easy with a little experimentation. This is ...
The Eggless Apple Streusel Cake is wonderful to serve as dessert or as a coffee cake. What a great way to use up those delicious apples you picked at the ...
This delicious eggless carrot cake makes a great dessert or tea-time snack. Use fresh carrots for better taste and flavor. Cut down on time and effort by using the grating ...
Serve these delightful Eggless Biscuits for breakfast fresh and straight from the oven. With this easy recipe, these eggless biscuits take only 15 minutes to make and are very filling.
Eggless Blueberry Pancakes are a delicious way to eat your fruits. Made with a ready pancake mix, this is one healthy breakfast that no kid can resist.
Blurberries are one of ...
These Eggless Brownies are a breeze to make, and oh so delicious! Made with a ready mix, the original recipe calls for eggs, but obviously, this one doesn't. These eggless ...
Try these delicious Eggless Almond Biscotti next time you get the munchies! These Italian cookies make a wonderful tea-time or anytime snack.
Servings: 3 (makes 7)
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 1/4 cups ...
This eggless cilantro cornbread is a slightly spicy take on the cornbread that is so popular in the southern states in the US. The cilantro leaves (coriander leaves) add a ...
If it's tea time, it's scone time! Try these eggless date scones - a different version of the Scottish/British scones for a great helping of delight with your tea.
Eggless Apple Streusel Cake
Eggless Blueberry Pancakes
Eggless Cilantro Cornbread
Category: Eggless Baking