Eggless French Toast is a healthy breakfast recipe. It’s a vegetarian and vegan version of french toast that’s easy to make.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 cups milk or soy milk for vegan version
- 7-8 tsp sugar (adjust to taste)
- 4-6 tsp vegetable oil (or butter)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 tsp confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar, optional)
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar to milk and adjust the sugar to your liking. The milk should taste a little sweeter than you would want the toast to be. Remember, the sweetness will be reduced a little once the milk is absorbed by the bread.
- Cut the bread slices into triangular halves and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet, and add 1/2 tsp oil.
- Immerse the bread in the milk, flip over, and remove quickly so it doesn’t get soggy.
- Place on the skillet; add 1/4 tsp oil around the edges and in the middle and saute on medium heat. Lift the edge gently to see if the underside has browned lightly, and flip over gently with a spatula. Add some more oil around the edges and saute until golden brown. Remove and place on serving plate.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder and confectioner’s sugar and serve the eggless french toast immediately.
The trick to making good french toast without eggs is to saute on low-to-medium heat and flip only once, when the underside is golden brown. Slicing the bread into half also makes it easier to flip as the pieces are smaller.
Category: Eggless Baking