Made with fresh strawberries, this eggless strawberry cake is moist and delicious and very easy to make. Baking cakes without eggs can be easy with a little experimentation. This is one of those eggless recipes that can be made quickly and can be served as a coffee cake or as eggless dessert.
Cooking Time: 35-45 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or cake flour
- (baking powder and soda are already added)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Salt, a pinch
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, pureed
- 1/4 cup strawberries, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups sugar (brown or white)
- 3/4 cup melted butter (1 1/4 stick)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sift and mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer or whisk, mix together the butter and sugar; then add the strawberry puree and flour and mix well to form a thick flowing batter. If you need more liquid, add some milk.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan or a 9×13-inch bread pan and sprinkle some flour so the cake doesn’t stick to the sides when done.
- Pour half the batter, place the cut strawberries evenly, and pour the remaining batter to cover the fruit.
- Bake the eggless strawberry cake at 350° for about 35-45 minutes. Use a toothpick or fork to check if the cake is done – the fork should come clean.
- Cool the cake for about 5 minutes. Remove and cool some more on a wire rack.
- Serve the eggless strawberry cake with whipped cream along with coffee or as dessert. Wrap the remaining cake in plastic wrap.
Category: Eggless Baking