This Eggless Strawberry Shortcake, made from scratch, is as easy as making it with a ready-mix for biscuits. Drizzle it with a syrup made with fresh strawberries, and this makes a scrumptious snack for a hot summer afternoon!
Fresh strawberries provide fiber and vitamin C.
Servings: 6-8 (makes 6-8 )
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tbs[ sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel (zest)
- 3/4 cup milk
For Strawberry Syrup
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced vertically
- 2 cups sugar (adjust to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Take a cookie sheet (baking sheet) and brush lightly with oil (or spray with a vegetable oil spray) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and sugar. Add the orange peel and butter, and using a knife and fork, mix the butter and flour until it becomes a crumbly mixture. Add the milk and mix to form a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a large circle that's 1/2-inch thick. Using a 2.5-inch biscuit cutter (cookie cutter), cut out biscuits. Gather the remaining dough and roll it out again, and cut out more biscuits. Repeat until you've used up all the dough.
- Place the biscuits on the greased cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cool the strawberry shortcakes on a wire rack.
- While the biscuits are baking, in a medium saucepan, add the strawberries, sugar, and 1/4 cup water and cook on low heat until the stawberries are cooked and a thick syrup is formed. Remove from heat and let cool.
- To serve the eggless strawberry shortcake, split the biscuit in half (horizontally), place a couple of fresh strawberry slices and pour some of the syrup, and cover with the top half of the biscuit. Drizzle some more syrup on top, if desired, and serve with tea or coffee.
Made with fresh strawberries, this eggless strawberry cake is moist and delicious and very easy to make. Baking cakes without eggs can be easy with a little experimentation. This is ...
Serve these delightful Eggless Biscuits for breakfast fresh and straight from the oven. With this easy recipe, these eggless biscuits take only 15 minutes to make and are very filling.
Try these delicious Eggless Almond Biscotti next time you get the munchies! These Italian cookies make a wonderful tea-time or anytime snack.
Servings: 3 (makes 7)
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 1/4 cups ...
If it's tea time, it's scone time! Try these eggless date scones - a different version of the Scottish/British scones for a great helping of delight with your tea.
The Eggless Apple Streusel Cake is wonderful to serve as dessert or as a coffee cake. What a great way to use up those delicious apples you picked at the ...
This delicious eggless carrot cake makes a great dessert or tea-time snack. Use fresh carrots for better taste and flavor. Cut down on time and effort by using the grating ...
These eggless banana pancakes have a lovely banana flavor and a sweet taste. These vegetearian/vegan pancakes are quite easy to make and sure to be a great hit with the ...
This recipe for eggless banana bread is easy and delicious.
Mashed bananas and vegetable oil are great substitutes for eggs and contribute to the soft, moist texture and great taste. This ...
This eggless cilantro cornbread is a slightly spicy take on the cornbread that is so popular in the southern states in the US. The cilantro leaves (coriander leaves) add a ...
Try this easy recipe for eggless apple turnovers if you just go apple-picking, and are now wondering what to make with all those apples. This is a great way to make ...
Eggless French Toast is a healthy breakfast recipe. It's a vegetarian and vegan version of french toast that's easy to make.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
4 slices white bread
4 cups milk ...
These eggless pancakes use a pancake mix and have a delicious taste and texture. These vegetarian/vegan pancakes are quite easy to make even for kids and they're sure to love ...
Eggless Apple Streusel Cake
Eggless Cilantro Cornbread
Category: Eggless Baking, Photo Gallery, Recipe Galleries