How to Make a Gooseberry and Elderflower Fool – In this episode of Sweet treats Chef Tess Ward shows us how to make a Gooseberry and Elderflower fool. This is a healthy alternative to the traditional gooseberry fool.
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups gooseberries
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups plain yogurt (Greek yogurt or other)
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts (of your choice)
- Place the goosberries in a pan along with 2 tbsp honey on low heat.
- Add 2tbsp of eledeflower essence, to give the dessert a cool, floral flavor.
- Add the lemon juice, and let the gosseberries come to a boil and simmer until the gosseberries form a thick, compote-like texture.
- Remove from heat and let the cooked gooseberry compote to cool to room temperature. When it’s cool, pour it into a bowl, cover it with wrap, and put it in the refrigerator.
- When the gooseberry compote is nicely chilled, remove it from the refrigerator, and add it to the yogurt and mix it.
- Stir in the honey, and serve the gooseberry elderflower fool with chopped nuts of your choice.