How to Make Vegetable Crisps – If you always reach for the vegetable crisps from the shop shelves then check out this episode where you can see how to make your own. This is a quick and easy vegan and vegetarian snack.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 2 beetroots
- 3 tbsp olive oil or other
- 1 – 2 tsp paprika or red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Using a mandolin, slice the vegetables into thin chips. Keep the beetroot slices separate … you don’t want to color the remaining chips red.
- Dab the moisture out with paper towels.
- Place the chips in a bowl (except for beetroot), and add the oil, paprika, salt as needed. Do the same with beetroot.
- In baking trays, spread the chips into a single layer.
- Place the chips in the oven and cook at 356°F (180°C ) for 20 minutes until crisp.
- Remove the vegetable crisps from the oven and sprinkle some more seasoning if you want. Let cool and enjoy!