Kale: The New Beef – Adina Niemerow, author of “Super Cleanse,” shares the secret health benefits of kale, which is being called ‘the new beef.’ She and host Judy Greer make a lemony kale quinoa salad.
- Kale is rich in viamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin A.
- It’s full of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll boosts the immune system and cleanses the blood, liver, and digestive tract.
Cilantro helps remove toxic metals like mercury, lead, and aluminum from your body. Radishes help cleanse your liver, and can also help you lose weight.
Quinoa is an ancient seed-like grain and is full of protein. Quinoa is also an alkaline food, which help balance the body’s chemistry and neutralize disease-causing acids.
Lemony Kale Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 2 avocados
- lemon juice
- 1/2 cup radishes, chopped
- 2 tbsp kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Sprinkle some salt on kale and avocado and massage the kale to remove bitterness.
- Add the lemon juice, along with radish, cilantro, and pepper,
- Add the quinoa and mix well.
- Serve the lemony kale quinoa salad immediately.