Making a Tasty, Healthy Salad Dressing – Julieanna Hever, author of the “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition”, shows host Judy Greer how to make a healthy, oil-free salad dressing from scratch.
- 2/3-1 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup sesame tahini paste
- 2-3 tbsp tamari (or Bragg’s amino acids or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard (or stoneground or yellow mustard, depending on preference)
- 2-3 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 can white beans, rinsed well (optional to reduce fat and thicken dressing)
In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend on high until smooth.
Use the tasty, healthy salad dressing with vegetables and greens of your choice.