Try this delicious Methi Raita next time you want something different. Made with fenugreek seeds (methi), this raita is a quick accompaniment for any stuffed or plain roti and rice.
Methi seeds have a cooling effect on the system and can help cure upset stomach and other digestive problems.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp methi seeds (fenugreek)
- 4 tbsp urad dal (split black gram)
- 1 tbsp moong dal (split mung beans)
- 2 red chillies
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- In a small pan, dry roast urad dal, moong dal, methi seeds, and red chillies separately and let cool.
- In a small spice grinder, grind all ingredients together into a smooth powder.
- Add the ground masala powder along with salt to yogurt and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a small pan for the seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and fry until they pop and pour over the raita.
- Serve the methi raita with roti or rice or with salad.