Methi Yogurt or fenugreek yogurt is a simple and easy raita you can make in a few minutes. This raita goes very well with parathas, especially, stuffed parathas, and roasted moong dal and toor dal chutneys and rice. This methi raita adds a cooling touch to a spicy meal.
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cilantro (coriander leaves), finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder, a pinch
- 1 green chilli, finely cut
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp urad dal (split black gram)
- 5-6 methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt, ginger, and salt.
- Heat oil in a small pan for the seasoning. Add urad dal and methi seeds. As the dal starts to brown, add the mustard and green chillies.
- When the mustard starts to pop, add the turmeric powder. Pour this seasoning over the yogurt.
- Add the chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Chill the methi yogurt in the refrigerator for an hour or serve immediately, with roti or rice.