This Okra Curry is a delicious dish you can rustle up when you’re short of time. Lightly spiced, this is a quick easy recipe for a vegetarian/vegan curry with okra, and tastes great with rice.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups okra, julienned (cut into long thin strips and halved)
- 2 tsp dhania-jeera powder (coriander-cumin powder)
- 3 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- Asafoetida powder (hing), a pinch
- Turmeric powder, a pinch
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 6-8 tsp vegetable oil for sauteeing
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a wide nonstick skillet, and add hing, turmeric powder, and curry leaves.
- Add the okra and some salt. Sprinkle a little water and cover and cook for about 5-7 minutes on medium heat until cooked, stirring occasionally.
- When the okra is cooked, add the dhania-jeera powder and red chilli powder, and saute on medium high until the okra is browned.
- Serve with plain rice with some ghee (clarified butter).