Onion-Chilli Yogurt is a quick raita you can make to go with stuffed parathas or any other Indian roti. This yogurt is also a great dressing for vegetable salads and a delicious dip for chips.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups plain yogurt (regular or nonfat)
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 3-4 green chillies (mild ones – adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, coarsely powdered
- 3 tbsp, cilantro (coriander leaves), finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a small pan, and saute onions until cooked and well-browned.
- In a blender, puree the onions and green chillies.
- Add the puree to the yogurt along with cumin powder and salt.
- Garnish the onion-chili yogurt with cilantro and serve with roti or any salad.
Category: Salads and Raitas - Members