Paneer-Potato Patties are a great option if you’re looking to rustle up a quick and healthy snack. The paneer (Indian cheese) is full of calcium and the potatoes and carrots provide potassium and vitamin A. Not too spicy, these patties make a wonderful after-school vegetarian snack.
Servings: 2 (makes 8)
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup paneer (Indian cheese, grated)
- 1 cup potatoes, grated
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 2 1/4 tbsp all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tsp rava (semolina, farina, cream of wheat)
- 2 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves), finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions, and make round patties with each portion, pressing tightly, so they don’t fall apart in the oil when frying.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and drop each pattie gently into the oil and fry until golden.
- Drain on a paper-towel and place on a wire rack immediately to cool for a few seconds.
- Serve the paneer-potato patties plain or with plain yogurt, and a cup of hot tea or coffee.