The Potato Bell-Pepper Curry (Potato Capsicum curry) is a lightly spiced North Indian vegetable side that’s great with rice and Indian roti. Potato and bell pepper make a tasty combination. This curry is very popular with my family. This vegetarian/vegan recipe is also very easy to make.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 large bell-pepper (capsicum),
- cut into medium cubes
- 1 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds
- 2 tsp coriander leaves (cilantro), chopped
- Turmeric powder, a pinch
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 6-7 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds. When they start turning brown, add the turmeric powder and the bell-pepper pieces. Add a little salt and saute for 4-5 minutes until the bell-pepper is soft.
- Crumble the boiled potato and add it to the bell-pepper. Add the garam masala, red chilli powder and some more salt and mix well. Cover and cook until the flavors are combined.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve the potato bell-pepper curry hot with rice, puri or roti.