Potato-Spinach Gravy is a tasty curry for chapathis and rice you can rustle up quickly. It’s filling as well nutritious … you get to eat your greens the delicious way. This is an easy vegetarian gravy recipe that requires no garlic or onions.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and cut into medium cubes
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 green chillies (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup cilantro (coriander leaves), chopped
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup grated coconut (fresh or dry)
- Boil the potatoes with a little salt. You can microwave the potatoes with a little water and salt for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a deep saucepan, add the spinach with 1/4 cup water and salt and cook on medium heat until leaves are tender.
- Grind the green chillies, ginger, coconut, and cilantro with enough water to form a coarse paste.
- Add the ground masala paste to the spinach along with 1/2 cup of water.
- Add the boiled potatoes. Add salt as needed. Let the gravy come to a boil on medium heat. If you want to thicken the gravy, mash some of the potato pieces or add 1 tsp of rice flour and simmer until the raw flavor is gone.
- Serve this nutritious potato-spinach gravy hot with rice or roti.