Sesame Chutney is an aromatic and mouth-watering chutney. Simple and easy to make, this chutney can add a lot of flavor to idli, dosa, vada or just plain white rice. You can also use this as a spread for your sandwiches or as a dip.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup white sesame seeds (til)
- 4-5 red chillies
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 cup tamarind juice or 1 1/2 tsp tamarind paste
- 1-2 green chillies, slit
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, roast the red chillies, cumin, and sesame separately, until they give off a nice aroma, and let cool.
- In a blender, add these roasted ingredients, tamarind juice, and a little water and salt and grind into a smooth and thick paste.
- Garnish with green chillies.
- Serve the sesame chutney with idli, dosa, or with rice, dal, and ghee (clarified butter).