Spicy Kale Chips Recipe – Take a bite or four of these spicy, inviting kale chips. No boring health food snack, the mix of curry and Parmesan is the perfect way to go.
For a vegan version, leave out the Parmesan cheese.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp white mustard seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or cayenne
- Turmeric powder, a pinch
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Cut out the center stem with a paring knife and rip up the kale into big pieces. Place them on a paper towel and pat them dry to prevent the chips from becoming soggy.
- Place the cumin, cardamom, and mustard seed in a spice or coffee grinder and grind them into a powder.
- Add the turmeric and red chilli powder, and salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle some olive oil on the kale and massage it into the leaves.
- Add some lemon juice, and place the kale on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle the curry powder to taste. Massage the leaves with the curry powder.
- Bake the kale chips in the oven at 300°F for 15-20 minutes. Take a look at the chips after 10 minutes to make sure they’re not burning.
- Add some grated parmesan cheese if you want, and serve the spicy kale chips.
Category: Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes