This Spinach Gravy Curry is slightly tangy, creamy, and delicious. Serve it with any Indian flatbread, plain rice, toast or use it as a dip for tortilla chips. This is a wonderful way to get your greens vitamins.
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- 5 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1-inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 3 green chillies, slit and halved
- 1 cup plain yogurt (regular or low-fat), beaten until smooth
- Salt to taste
- 5 tsp oil
- 3 cloves
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 3 red chillies, broken into a few pieces
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the fenugreek seeds and fry until dark brown. Add the cloves and mustard seeds and fry until the seeds start to pop. Add the red and green chillies and fry for a couple seconds. Add the turmeric powder.
- Add the onions and saute until lightly browned. Then add the tomatoes and saute until cooked. Add spinach and salt and saute until cooked.
- Remove the spinach gravy curry from heat and add the the yogurt and stir well.
- Place the curry back on low heat and let it simmer until it comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the spinach gravy curry with roti, basmasti rice, or toasted bread.
Category: Vegetarian Gravy Curry Recipes - Members