Spinach Raita is a great way to get your greens vitamins. Made with plain yogurt, this salad is very nutritious. You can use low-fat or non-fat yogurt. Serve this with rice or roti for a satisfying and healthy meal. Spinach Raita also makes a delicious dip.
Leave out the onions for a no-onion no-garlic version.
Cooking Time: 6-8 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups, spinach, chopped and boiled
- 4 cups plain yogurt
- 2 green chillies, slit lengthwise (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 mint or cilantro (coriander) leaves for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, add the spinach, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper powder.
- Heat oil in a small pan, and fry the green chillies, and add to the raita.
- Garnish with mint or cilantro and serve the spinach raita with rice or roti.