The sweet potato fry is a quick recipe for a vegetarian stir-fry with sweet potato or yam. This is the kind of curry you can make when you’re in a hurry, and still have a tasty, healthy meal.
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- 4 cups sweet potato,
- cut into small cubes with/without peel
- Asafoetida (hing), a pinch
- Turmeric powder, a pinch
- 4-5 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 7-8 tsp vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a wide nonstick skillet, and add the asafoetida and turmeric, and then the sweet potato and salt.
- Cover and cook for about 3 minutes on medium heat, until the sweet potato is soft.
- Remove the lid, and add the chilli powder, and saute on medium high, until the sweet potato is evenly browned.
- Serve the sweet potato fry hot with white rice and ghee (clarified butter).