Try these delicious Eggless Almond Biscotti next time you get the munchies! These Italian cookies make a wonderful tea-time or anytime snack.
Servings: 3 (makes 7)
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted and softened (replace with vegetable oil for a vegan version)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup toasted almond slivers (chopped or not)
- Preheat the oven to 320F.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the sugar and orange zest.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Add the flour mixture along with vanilla essence and almond slivers.
- Add 1/4 cup water (or as needed) a little at a time and mix into a smooth dough.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Shape the dough into a 3-inch wide and 3/4-inch thick rectangle. Decorate with chopped almonds if you want.
- Place on the greased baking sheet (cookie sheet) and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the biscotti and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 300F.
- Cut the baked eggless almond biscotti dough into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place the slices cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake again for 25-30 minutes or until golden on the bottom.
- Cool the eggless almond biscotti on a wire rack and serve with tea or coffee. Store the remaining biscotti in an air-tight container to keep fresh for 2-3 weeks.
For a vegan version, use 3 tbsp vegetable oil and 1/4 cup applesauce.
Category: Eggless Baking