These eggless banana pancakes have a lovely banana flavor and a sweet taste. These vegetearian/vegan pancakes are quite easy to make and sure to be a great hit with the kids.
Servings: 4-6 (makes 12)
Cooking Time: 40-50 minutes minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup regular milk or soy milk
- Vegetable oil as needed
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a blender, add the banana, milk, sugar, and vanilla, and pulse until smooth and fluffy.
- Add this banana milk to the flour and stir lightly with a fork until just about combined. Do not overmix. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a griddle (tava). Add a few drops of oil and wipe off with a paper towel. To check if the griddle is hot, sprinkle a few drops of water to check; if the water evaporates right away, the griddle is hot.
- Take 3 tbsp batter in a ladle or cup and pour on the griddle. As bubbles form, add 1 tsp oil around the edges, and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat or until golden brown on the underside. Flip the pancake and cook on the other side, adding a little oil until lightly golden.
- Serve the eggless pancake plain or sprinkled with confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar) and cinnamon powder.
Do not overmix the batter, as overmixing will make the pancakes rubbery.
Category: Eggless Baking