These eggless pancakes use a pancake mix and have a delicious taste and texture. These vegetarian/vegan pancakes are quite easy to make even for kids and they’re sure to love them. These pancakes are great for breakfast and snack.
Servings: 1-2 (makes 4)
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup pancake mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1/2 tsp corn starch powder (or potato starch powder)
- 1/2 cup regular milk or soy milk
- 2 tsp vegetable oil as needed
- In a large bowl, mix together the pancake mix and corn starch.
- Add a little water at a time and make a thick batter, smoothing out any lumps.
- Heat a griddle (tava). Add a few drops of oil and wipe off with a paper towel. To check if the griddle is hot, sprinkle a few drops of water; if the water evaporates right away, the griddle is hot.
- Take 3 tbsp or 1/4 cup batter and pour on the griddle. As bubbles form, add 1/2 tsp oil around the edges, and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat or until golden brown on the underside. Flip the eggless pancake and cook on the other side, adding a little oil until lightly golden.
- Serve the eggless pancakes plain or drizzled with maple syrup.
Do not overmix the batter, as overmixing will make the pancakes rubbery.
For thinner pancakes, add 3/4 cup milk.
Category: Eggless Baking