A crunchy, healthy snack, roasted chickpeas are easy to make. Use canned chickpeas to cut down on soaking and cooking time. You can make this vegetarian/vegan snack ahead of time and heat up when needed. Chickpeas are full of protein and fiber and taste great. It’s good to make these and keep handy when you need a quick, filling snack.
Use the recipe below or the one in the video for a slightly different but great taste!
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 15-oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed or 1 1/2 cups of boiled chickpeas
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated (optional)
- 2 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and toss until the chickpeas are well-coated.
- Lay out a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spread out the chickpeas on the parchment paper.
- Roast the chickpeas for about 45 minutes, stirring 2-3 times, until the chickpeas are lightly browned and shrivelled.
- Let the roasted chickpeas cool a bit, and serve them hot, warm, or at room temperature with a hot cup of tea or coffee.