Spicy Almonds are a wonderful snack to munch on any time you need a quick boost of energy. If you’re tired of eating plain nuts, spice them up! Here’s an easy recipe for this healthy snack. Roasting instead of deep-frying makes this snack even healthier.
- 1 lb whole almonds
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tbsp amchur (mango powder)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the almonds and sprinkle the oil and toss well until the almonds are coated well with the spice mix.
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet, and bake for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the almonds to make sure they get toasted evenly and don’t get burnt.
- Place them back in the oven and bake them for 5-8 minutes more or until golden brown.
- Remove the spicy almonds from the oven and let cool completely before serving.
Store the almonds in an airtight container in a cool, dry place to keep them fresh for up to a month.