Spicy Cabbage Curry is an everyday recipe for a vegetarian side. This spicy curry with a hint of sweetness is a great way to include cabbage in your meals. Cabbage is inexpensive as well as nutritious, as it’s rich in calcium and potassium.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 5 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cups onions, cut into 1/2-inch thin strips
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Asafoetida powder, a pinch
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Sugar, a pinch (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 6 tsp vegetable oil
- Heat 4 tsp oil in a wide skillet. Add the asafoetida powder, cumin, and mustard seeds. As the seeds start to pop, add the green chillies, ginger, and curry leaves, and fry for a second. Add the turmeric powder, salt, and onions, and saute for 2 minutes on medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- Add the curry powder, red chilli powder, and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage and salt as needed along with 2 tsp oil. Stir well, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Remove the lid and saute the spicy cabbage curry on medium heat until tender.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sugar, stir, and remove from heat.
- Serve the spicy cabbage curry with phulka or any flatbread.
Broccoli-Cabbage Curry is a quick and easy South Indian vegetarian/vegan curry. This steamed/sauteed curry not only tastes great but is also full of nutrition.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 cups cabbage, finely ...
A simple curry, Cabbage-Beans Curry is a healthy and nutritious vegetable side for plain rice. This South Indian vegetarian recipe is easy.
Cabbage is high in potassium which helps control high ...
Cabbage-Carrot Curry is a popular South Indian curry, usually eaten with rice. This vegetarian (vegan) curry is very easy to make.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
3 cups cabbage, chopped
1 cup carrots, cut ...
Purple Cabbage Curry is not just colorful but also healthy. Teamed with bell-pepper and onions, this is a simple vegetarian and vegan curry that's more like a light salad and ...
Try this tasty and tangy Cabbage-Carrot-Mango Curry if you want a quick side for plain rice or roti. The roasted peanut powder adds a nice crunch to the curry.
Combo-veg curries ...
This cabbage curry is the easiest side you can make for your meal. Cabbage and onions along with a touch of tamarind make this a mouth-watering dish. This vegetarian curry ...
Cabbage-Potato curry is a simple South Indian vegetarian curry that's easy to make and tastes delicious with rice and roti (Indian bread). Cabbage is not only inexpensive but also very nutritious.
Cabbage-Bell-Pepper-Onion Curry is a simple but tasty South-Indian curry. This vegetarian/vegan curry requires only a few simple ingredients but tastes great and is easy to make. This is a great ...
Spicy Ashgourd Curry is a wonderful accompaniment for plain rice. The coriander seeds and fresh coconut in the masala adds a delicious flavor to the neutral winter-melon.
Ashgourd is chockfull of ...
Karela-Cabbage Curry is a wonderful way to combine these two healthy vegetables. An easy recipe, this vegetarian/vegan curry goes well with plain rice. Try it next time you're wondering what ...
Cabbage-Onion Fry is a simple and easy curry that goes well with rice and roti. This vegetarian/vegan curry does not require a long list of ingredients and masalas; try it when ...
Cabbage-Potato Dal is a vegetarian cabbage soup recipe that's full of nutrition. Cabbage and potatoes are a wonderful source of potassium and are foods that lower blood pressure naturally. Cabbage ...
Category: Vegan Vegetable Recipes, Vegetable Recipes