Vegetarian Sweet Potato Nachos – Looking for a quick and healthy vegetarian recipe? In this episode of We Heart food, we show you how to make sweet potato nachos.
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Black pepper powder, a pinch
- 4 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups black beans (1 8 oz can)
- 1 cup tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup red onions or shallots,finely chopped
- Guacamole dip, as needed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped (coriander leaves)
- Salt to taste
- Slice the sweet potatoes, using a mandolin for a fine cut.
- Place the sweet potato slices in a bowl, and add the coconut oil, paprika, garlic cloves, black pepper powder, and a pinch of salt and mix well until all the slices are coated well.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and bake at 340°F (170°C) for 30 minutes or until crisp, turning them halfway through.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and add the black beans, and place them back in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven, and add the toppings: tomatoes, onions, guacamole, dollops of yogurt.
- Garnish the vegetarian sweet potato nachos with chopped cilantro (coriander leaves) and serve immediately.