We Heart Food: Chocolate Bark – In this episode of we heart food we show you how to make homemade chocolate bark, perfect for sharing over Christmas.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 20 pieces
- 17 1/2 oz quality dark chocolate – at least 70% cocoa
- 3 1/2 oz white chocolate
- 3 large pieces of crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls chopped hazelnuts
- 2 handfuls of pecan nuts
- Dried raspberries
- Gold dust
- Coat Grease your baking sheet and line with parchment, leaving an overhang on ends. Melt two-thirds of you chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring. As soon as it’s melted, remove from the heat and stir through the rest of the chocolate until it’s all melted. Stir through your ginger, 2 handfuls of hazelnuts, and ½ your pecans. Pour your chocolate onto the baking sheet and sprinkle over the remaining pecan nuts, the dried raspberries and your gold dust.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then remove and drizzle over the melted white chocolate.
- Return to the fridge for at least 30 mins. Once set peel off parchment, and break bark into pieces.